GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
To learn about the Oakville Speed Skating Club and to assist in registering with the Club, please:
- View our About Us page
- Read our Club Brochure
- View our Skate Times
- Read about our Safety Mats
- View our Equipment
Please print and fill out completely the Application Forms and the Appropriate Waiver Form – Under the Age of Majority or Over the Age of Majority form whichever form is applicable to the member registering.
Registration Forms are to be sent to our Club Email address which can be found at the top of the Application Form. Payment is to be sent to our Club Treasurer.
- Our 2023 – 2024 Registration Forms
- Our Child/Minor/Ward – Under the Age of Majority – Waiver for Child/Minor/Ward
- Over the Age of Majority – Waiver for Over 18 Years of Age
Please note – Depending on your Family dynamics an Individual Waiver may need to be Completed for Certain Members.
Speed Skating Canada/Ontario Speed Skating Association Fees:
Any Person who participates in any on Ice Speed Skating Program in Canada must join our two Associations: Speed Skating Canada (SSC) and the Ontario Speed Skating Association (OSSA). You will be required to register your child/children/yourself in their Member Affiliation System – IceReg. All Members must be registered with these Associations before their first practice date.
IceReg will require members to choose different Membership Categories depending on their level of participation in the Sport. Our Club will send an email to help members choose which Category they fall under. An Association Waiver, Concussion Code of Conduct Form, and Covid Waiver are part of the Membership requirements and are part of this Program for Members to sign. You can view the Concussion Awareness Resources by clicking this link. Ontario Speed Skating – Concussions
This is a Yearly Membership which runs from Sept 1 to March 31 for SSC and Sept 1 to August 30th for OSSA. The Club will notify members when they are able to register for the current season.
The Oakville Speed Skating Club Offers Five Fun, Diverse and Exciting Programs
Skate Days and Times for 2023-2024 Season:
Please note these days and times are what the Club anticipates that it will be allocated and are subject to change.
3:00 to 4:05 pm – Oakville Short Track Racing Program (OSTRDP)/Group 1
4:15 to 5:10 pm – Beginner/Learner to Speed Skate
5:20 to 6:30 pm – Oakville Short Track Racing Program (OSTRDP)/Group 2
6:40 to 7:35 pm – Adult and 11–17 Years of Age Recreational Program
Mondays: 8:00 pm to 9:10 pm – Technical Development Program
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
6:30 to 7:30 pm – OSTRDP/Group 1
7:40 to 8:40 pm – OSTRDP/Group 2
Beginner/ Learn to Speed Skate:
- 4 to 9 Years of Age
- One Day Per Week: Sundays only – 4:15 to 5:10 p.m.
- Entire Season – End of September to the end of March.
- Very Affordable Fee: $449.00 + Skate Rental $150.00
Oakville Short Track Racing Development Program (OSTRDP):
- Three Days Per Week
- All skaters will Skate in one of the three Groups on Sunday, and in one of the Groups on Tuesday and Thursday Evenings
- Spots Allocated by Coaches between the three available Sessions based on Age/Ability.
- Fee: $1029.00 + Skate Rental $150.00 (if applicable)
Technical Development Program – (24 Skaters only)
- A Program that focuses upon Developing Skating and Racing Technique
- For 3 Days a Week OSTRDP Members
- One Group based upon Ability/Age
- Fee $429.00
Adult and Youths 11-17 Years of Age Recreational Program:
- Sunday Evenings
- Fee: $449.00 + Skate Rental $150.00 (if applicable)
Summer Speed Skating Program – (26 Spots only):
Skating Days and Times to be Tuesday and Thursday evenings – 7:00 – 8:10 pm.
- Beginning Tuesday June 20th and continuing for 14 weeks
- Priority given to Club Skaters in our OSTRDP.
- Fee $449.00
- FULL PAYMENT IS DUE AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
- Boots and Blades – $150.00
- Boots Only – $100.00
- Blades Only – $75.00
- Cash or Cheque (No Credit Cards)
- Internet Payment – E Transfers
A Deposit of $200.00 is due with Registration for the 2023-2024 Season. Please note this Deposit is NOT REFUNDABLE.
The Balance of Payment owed (less deposit) will be due on July 1, 2023.
All Paperwork as outlined above, and Payment must be received before a member is considered Fully Registered.
Any potential Refund following July 1, 2023, is at the Sole Discretion of the Oakville Speed Skating Club.
Please contact Mark O’Donnell – 647-401 –1189 for any further Details